Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Industry/Sector: Fuel Storage Tanks
Date: July 2020
Do you need to maximize your welding and fabrication throughput to keep up with demand and compete at the highest level?
Key Plant’s got you.
Last week our Director of Automation Michael Keith, and Integration & Service Manager Sayer Hendricks installed this turnkey SAW telescoping column & boom system at a customer’s facility in Pennsylvania, USA.
The customer approached Key Plant, in need of a system to help optimize their manufacturing process, increase arc time and improve safety for the operator. Due to the limited floor space within this part of their facility, the customer also required the system to fit and operate within a hook height of 21ft and with the weld head 9ft from the wall.
Key Plant thrive on challenges.. We designed a column and boom system that allows for longitudinal and circumference welds on vessels up to 14ft in diameter and 60ft in length. And with the telescopic boom feature, it can easily and safely operate within the limited space available.
- Height: 15′ (4572mm)
- Width: 12′ (3658mm)
- Rail length: 70′ (21,336mm)
- Vessel Diameter Capacity: 14′ (4267mm)
- Maximum Vessel Length: 60′ (18,288mm)
- Weld Process: SAW
- Control System: 1010 Analogue Controller & remote pendant
- Camera/Inspection: Air Cooled Camera & 12″ TFT
- Flux: Flux Recovery & Pressure Feed
- Tracking System: Motorized Cross Slides & Tactile Sensor
- Configuration: 180 degree swivel head for circumference/longitudinal welding
Need a turnkey solution for your weld automation or handling & positioning problem?
A GLOBAL LEADER
SOLUTIONS SINCE 1956